“When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;” Deuteronomy 7:1
Subdue all Girgashites
“So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels.” Psalm 81:12
“In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” Judges 21:25
When believers continue to walk with the Girgashite spirit eventually they will not hear or heed counsel. Eventually God will allow them to go their course and follow the wisdom of their own heart.
How to Overthrow the Girgashite Spirit?
- Be willing to listen to counsel from those who hear from the Lord and who uphold truth.
“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel.” Proverbs 12:15
- Be willing to defer to the wisdom of God for he alone is wise.
“To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 25
- Look at things from a spiritual perspective and not earthly. Seek God’s help to remove beams from your eyes that would interfere with your ability to see properly.
“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2
- Tear down any and everything that stands in opposition to Christ.
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Kill affections. Do not be led by your emotions, feelings, or members.
“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:” Colossians 3:5
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon